The RRC’s 300Tdi fuel injection pump had to be repaired soon after I got it. It was bought second hand from a chap with a newly cast engine that the REME scrapped. The pump was brand new and so a deal was struck. Immediately on fitting it became apparent why the engine had been cast […]
The Range Rover engine is all but complete. I just need to refit the injection pump and the timing belt before fitting the front cover and exterior pulleys and belts. But the injection pump needs overhaul first, and since that isn’t cheap, it has to wait. In the mean time, I attached the reworked front […]
The engine arrived back from Turner Engineering a couple of weeks ago. Since then, I have been slowly building it back up with all the ancilliaries.
After a lot of effort, the engine has been removed from the Range Rover and is now on its way to Turner Engineering for a full rebuild, including a gas flowed head which should give increased performance or economy (one or the other, depending on driving style).
I have been spending the odd day here and there stripping down the body work on the Range Rover. So far, I have removed the boot space interior, lower tail gate, all lighting, bonnet, rear corners and wings, scuttle panel (under the windscreen), grille and right side step and sill cover. The left sill cover […]