109 Alloy Wheel Repair

Entropy is an ongoing battle, and none are more familiar with it than Land Rover owners.  As well as a few small patches of corrosion here and there on the body needing a little treatment and touching up, the two front wheels are showing to be less resilient than I’d hoped of the extensive treatment […]

August 2013 Update

There hasn’t been much going on recently – I’ve been working too much and other things have been taking up the money anyway. The rebuilt head has cut down enormously on the oil loss suffered since I built up the Tdi engine in 2008.  It’s hard to say whether it is still using any – […]

Dropping the Diff Ratios – Salisbury

Though the 3.54 diffs in the coiler axles gave me much better cruising rpm and fuel economy (10%), they didn’t drive nicely and I strongly suspect they were a major contributory factor in the failure of the gear box.  So, I have replaced the rear 3.54 diff with a SIII 109’s  4.71 ratio diff.  The […]

109 Off the Road Again

A couple of nasty problems have cropped up.

109 New Axle Update

The new axles seem to be working well, with no worring noises or issues.  The steering is much more precise than before, with very little wander or down-camber pull, and it is a little lighter at low speed, though not quite as much as I’d hoped.  The turning circle is vastly improved, and braking is […]

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.